AAPF activities primarily focus on agriculture and food security, mining governance and public policy - sectors in which Australia has
significant experience and expertise. Facility activities include: training; study tours; secondments and other professional development
assignments; joint research; and short- and long-term advisory support.
The Facility funds and supports capacity building initiatives that will:
- involve some level of contribution by the partner organisation towards the costs (including contributions in kind) and management of
- strengthen counterpart organisations' institutional capacity to promote the sustainability of the funded activity;
- include a jointly agreed monitoring and evaluation framework;
- ensure that the needs of both women and men are taken into account and that women are given opportunities to participate;
- demonstrate good value for money; and
- benefit groups selected on the basis of need - not on a religious, sectarian or political basis.